Monday, September 19, 2022

A Very Nice Girl by Imogen Crimp

A Very Nice Girl by Imogen Crimp
A Very Nice Girl by Imogen Crimp follows the story of Anna as she is trying to navigate adulthood, opera school, and a new, mysterious older man. 

I very rarely rate books 1 star. I have to really dislike it in order to be so tough on it, and unfortunately, this was the case with A Very Nice Girl. I tried really hard but I could not find even one redeemable quality of this story or its characters. 

I didn't find Anna enjoyable. She was vapid, negative, and generally unpleasant. Usually, I don't mind unlikeable main characters. especially when they are trying to navigate a difficult time of their life, but there was not one ounce of character development in this story. For like... any of the characters. The romance gave me constant anxiety and really wasn't romantic at all. Maybe that was the point the author was trying to make, but it's also possible that Anna's constant need of approval from an older, narcissistic, emotionally unavailable man reminded me a little too much of myself. 

I don't recommend this one, although different strokes for different folks, right? Some people really enjoyed this book. It just wasn't for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts