Monday, September 19, 2022

Clown in a Cornfield 2: Frendo Lives by Adam Cesare

Clown in a Cornfield 2:
Frendo Lives
by Adam Cesare
⭐⭐⭐
It is the one year anniversary of the Kettle Springs' Massacre and Quinn is finally adjusting to her new life as a trauma survivor. As is customary to most horror sequels, an anniversary is an invitation for all hell to break loose! Frendo lives - and a lot of people die.

This was a pretty successful sequel! I loved catching up with our cast of heroes - Quinn, Rust, Cole, and Quinn's father. Fast paced and a wild ride, I really enjoyed the changes that took place in this story compared to the first book. The new Frendos and their reasons to commit such murderous carnage was unique and creative! 

I definitely have a few criticisms however! The horror and slasher qualities of the first story didn't really exists in this sequel. I feel like the original story had more of a sense of humor about the dramatized gore - it knew exactly the kind of book it was. This time around, it seems like Adam Cesare took a more serious, realistic approach. This isn't a terrible thing, but I definitely missed that in this story. I also wasn't a fan of the character development throughout the story. I felt like some of the decisions made by certain characters didn't feel authentic to those characters. The ending was also rushed and predictable, although it was still enjoyable!

I adored the new characters we meet in Frendo Lives as well! Jerri in particular was one of the best parts of this book in my opinion! Overall, despite the few criticisms I have, I thought this sequel was fun and very politically aware. It was a page turner for sure and I had the best time reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts