Monday, September 19, 2022

The Man Who Died Twice by Richard Osman

The Man Who Died Twice
by Richard Osman
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 
Ah, Thursday Murder Club #2. I was really excited to read this one. It is very rare for me to like a sequel more than the the first in a series, but in the case of The Man Who Died Twice, this is exactly what happened. I love stories starring strong and funny women who are completely unapologetic about who they are, which is why this series will always hold a special place in my heart. 

Just like in the first book, Elizabeth is the main player here, with the parade of her fellow elderly friends at her tail. Throughout this mystery, we meet a few new characters, all of which are fun and interesting additions. The previously existing characters also go through some deeper evolution and the character development added a lot of depth to the characters, which was one of the major lacking points of the first book in my opinion. Joyce's little intermissions were also just as wonderful as before and the growth of her and Elizabeth's friendship in this story made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I'm not going to go too deeply into detail about the story because the mystery was genuinely amazing and it kept me guessing until the very end. I also found this sequel much funnier than the first installation. I definitely feel like Richard Osman found his groove with The Man Who Died Twice. It was really fantastic and I enjoyed the way the story unfolded! I can't wait for #3 in this series!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts