Monday, September 19, 2022

The Dragon Republic by R.F. Kuang

 

The Dragon Republic by R.F. Kuang
⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Dragon Republic is R.F. Kuang's powerful sequel to The Poppy War! This was one of the best sequels I have ever read! I didn't love it like I loved the first book, but this one came pretty close!

This is a series that is incredibly difficult not to spoil because the beginning and end of each book is like night and day. So much is packed into these pages - it's a nonstop rollercoaster ride, from the very first chapter! 

What I loved the most about The Dragon Republic is the same thing I adored about The Poppy War. Kuang's world building skills are mind-blowing! We learn even more about the mythology in Nikan and, politically speaking, it packs a punch! We meet some new characters, which is great, and we lose some familiar ones - not so great - but the story benefitted from both of these things!

I rated this 4 stars instead of 5 because I felt that Rin's character development was a little slow and Nezha's was a little difficult to justify. Despite those couple of things, this sequel was amazing and I'm so sad (but excited) to be approaching the finale of Rin's story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts